Heritage Walking Tours
You can exprience Racine’s rich industrial and architectural heritage in and around the downtown, lakefront, and Root River valley. The tour route starts on the steps of the Racine Heritage Museum, then takes you along the beautiful Racine Lakefront, through the streets of downtown, where regal theaters and hotels once stood, along the Root River, and finally, among some of the most important sites on the Underground Railroad as you proceed back to the Museum. On the tour you will learn the significance of buildings that remain, hear echos of structures no longer present, and discover notable Racine County residents, their impact, and how they lived.
Tours wil be led by enthusiastic and knowledgeable local volunteers who convey our local awe-inspiring history, and share their love for Racine!
On Saturday’s this summer, the hour and forty tour will be approximately 1 mile in length and include some areas of incline. Benches are avaliable for resting at multiple tour stops. Each tour is limited to 15 participants and reservations are first come, first served. Tour participants must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- Walking tours are by reservation only.
- Reservations at $10.00 per person and can be purchased through the Eventbrite link below.
- Reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis and are capped at 15 participants per time slot.
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours before your requested tour date.
Available Tour Dates – tours take place at 10:30am and 1:00pm:
- June 9th
- June 16th
- June 23rd
- June 30th
- July 7th
- July 14th
- July 21st
- July 28th
- August 4th
- August 11th
- August 18th
- August 25th
- September 1st
- September 9th
On the Day of Your Tour Please Remember:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in. Please remember your ticket to expedite the check in process.
- Bring change for parking meters – Racine Heritage Museum does not have any public parking. Parking can be found on the street or in the upper levels of the McMynn Parking ramp located directly North of the Museum.
- The restrooms at Racine Heritage Museum are available to you, but are not handicap accessible.