Heritage Walking Tours
You can exprience Racine’s rich industrial and architectural heritage in and around the downtown, lakefront, and Root River valley. The tour route starts on the steps of the Racine Heritage Museum, then takes you along the beautiful Racine Lakefront, through the streets of downtown, where regal theaters and hotels once stood, along the Root River, and finally, among some of the most important sites on the Underground Railroad as you proceed back to the Museum. On the tour you will learn the significance of buildings that remain, hear echos of structures no longer present, and discover notable Racine County residents, their impact, and how they lived.
Tours wil be led by enthusiastic and knowledgeable local volunteers who convey our local awe-inspiring history, and share their love for Racine!
On Saturday’s this summer, the hour and a half tours will be approximately 1.3 miles in length and include some areas of incline. Benches are avaliable for resting at multiple tour stops. Each tour is limited to 20 participants and reservations are first come, first served. Tour participants must be at least 12 years old to participate.
Walking tours are by reservation only.
Reservations at $8.00 per person. Reservations are payable via PayPal.
Reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis and are capped at 20 participants per time slot.
Reservations should be made at least Three business days before your requested tour date.
Available Tour Dates and Times:
- September 9th: 10:30 AM (contact us for details) 1:00pm (contact us for details)
How to Reserve Your Spots:
Send the following information via email to email@example.com or by clicking the link below:
- Your Name:
- Your Phone Number:
- Your Email:
- Date of Tour Being Requested:
- Time of Tour Being Requested:
- Number or Reservations Being Requested:
Once we have received and confirmed your reservation request, you will receive a PayPal invoice to safely and securely pay for your reservations online! Your reservation is not finalized until your payment has been processed.
On the Day of Your Tour Please Remember:
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to check in. Please remember your payment confirmation to expedite the check in process.
- Bring change for parking meters – Racine Heritage Museum does not have any public parking. Parking can be found on the street or in the upper levels of the McMynn Parking ramp located directly North of the Museum.
- The restrooms at Racine Heritage Museum are available to you, but are not handicap accessible.